The game of Minecraft is a virtual game that demands much creativity to be played expertly. The line of the game involves the use of blocks to build, explore, and combat. What’s impressive is the fact that you don’t necessarily need a high-end gaming laptop to play Minecraft.
However, Minecraft requires some basic laptop features to have brilliant gaming experience.
Now, the article comes with a review of the best laptops you can use in playing Minecraft efficiently.
Best Minecraft Laptops
1. Asus ROG Strix Scar III
Specifications- (CPU: Intel Core-i7 (up to 4.5GHz)| GPU: Nvidia RTX 2070 graphics card | Storage: 1TB SSD | Display: 15.6-inch full-HD (1920 x 1080 pixels) | RAM: 16GB DDR4 | Battery life: 3.5 hours)
If you are on the look out for a powerful laptop that delivers powerful specs for playing your high-end gaming titles, then Asus ROG Strix Scar will be your best bet. This gaming laptop is so powerful that a game of Minecraft will run seamlessly without issues. It comes on board with a 9th-Gen Intel Core-i7 processor that runs at a massive speed of 4.5GHz for the smooth running of gaming software like Minecraft.
From the outlook, you will see a laptop with a 15.6-inch screen size that comes with screen resolution around 1920 x 1080 pixels. This display has a peak refresh rate of 240Hz that allows users to play Minecraft flawlessly. In addition to the processor, the Asus ROG Strix Scar Iii features a high-end Nvidia RTX 2070 graphics card to provide an interactive graphical interface for any game you throw at it, including Minecraft.
The presence of 16GB of RAM allows you to multitask, you can always run 8-10 softwares, including gaming apps, and you won’t experience any form of lagging. With 1TB SSD of storage, you can store massive amounts of gaming data along with other music or video files. The super-fast SSD storage allows the fast loading of games.
The only snag with this laptop is the fact that it comes with a battery that lasts only 3.5 hours on a single charge.
– Thin bezel display.
– Top-end graphics card for gaming interactivity.
– Screen display with a good 240Hz refresh rate.
– Massive 1TB internal storage.
– Below-average battery life.
– Bulky and heavy in size.
2. Lenovo Legion Y530-15
Specifications- (CPU: Intel Core-i7 (up to 4.6GHz) | GPU: Nvidia GeForce 1050Ti | Storage: 1TB HDD + 128GB SSD | Display: 15.6-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) | RAM: 16GB DDR3 | Battery life: 5 hours)
The Lenovo Legion Y530-15 is a well-priced laptop that comes with the right specs for playing Minecraft game. From the outlook, this laptop appears in a portable-like design which has a higher screen to body ratio. An 8th Gen Intel Core i7 processor, which has 6 cores and runs at a speed of 4.6GHz, induces speedy laptop performance.
Moving on, this Lenovo laptop features a Nvidia GeForce 1050Ti graphics card that promotes an intuitive graphical view and happens to be a good GPU for playing modern game titles along with Minecraft. In terms of display, I found the laptop to have a 15.6-inch size with a peak full-HD resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels.
Furthermore, the laptop features a RAM up to 16 GB, which accounts for productive multitasking and allows you to run multiple softwares, including Minecraft smoothly. It also offers 1TB HDD + 128GB SSD of internal storage to store massive amounts of gaming data. Also, the laptop features a travel-light, comfortable keyboard, and super-responsive touchpad to play Minecraft virtual game without the need for an external gamepad.
Finally, I find this laptop to have a good battery capacity. It comes with a battery, which can last up to 5 hours and can be effectively utilized in playing Minecraft for an extended time.
– Well rewarded with ports to boost connectivity.
– Massive dual storage space.
– Compact appearance with extremely thin bezels.
– Presence of a comfortable to use keyboard.
– Plastic body construction.
3. Dell Gaming G5587
Specifications- (CPU: Intel core-i5 (speed up to 3.9 GHz)| GPU: Nvidia GeForce 1060| Storage: 1TB + 256GB SSD | Display: 15.6-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels | RAM: 8GB DDR4 | Battery life: 6 hours)
As a laptop that is useful for playing Minecraft, the Dell Gaming G5587 laptop is a reliable laptop with top-end gaming features. It features an Intel Core-i5 processor that can run at a speed of 3.9GHz for smooth Minecraft gameplay. This processor comes coupled with a Nvidia GeForce 1060 graphics card to provide a fantastic Minecraft game experience.
In terms of display, the Dell gaming G5587 laptop features a 15.6-inch display that comes with a full-HD resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels. This screen display is an IPS LED-backlit display type with an anti-glare finish to protect your eyes from long hours of screen time. Just like most gaming laptops, I found this laptop to have a dual hard disk drive, which includes 1TB HDD + 256GB SSD to store a massive amount of gaming software data. The flash SSD storage also contributes to the fast loading time of any gaming softwares.
This laptop comes on-board with 8GB of RAM that ensures smooth multitasking. However, this laptop comes with a major drawback of weight as it comes out of the box with a bulky weight of 6.28 pounds. Therefore, the laptop might not be the best for use by college students or a frequent mobile traveler. However, this laptop comes with a heavy battery, which can last up to 6 hours of gameplay.
– Presence of thunderbolt port for fast transfers.
– Dual Hard disks for storage and fast booting.
– Fast performing CPU.
– Full-HD screen display.
– Quite bulky in size.
– High pitch fan noise.
4. MSI GV638SE-014:
Specifications- (CPU: Intel core-i7 (up to 4.0GHz) | GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060 | Storage: 1TB HDD + 256GB SSD| Display: 15.6-inch full-HD (1920 x 1080 pixels) | RAM: 16GB | Battery life: 4 hours)
Many a serious gamer will account for MSI GV638SE-014 laptop to be a suitable gaming device for playing top gaming titles. What’s better is the fact that this laptop is also a good option for playing Minecraft. This laptop comes equipped with an Intel Core-i7 processor that runs only at a speed of 4.0GHz GHz adequate for playing Minecraft and other top-end gaming titles.
The MSI GV638SE comes with one of the best screen display with a size around 15.6-inches. This display comes with a full-HD resolution of around 1920 x 1080 pixels with a refresh rate around 120Hz and comes with the best blend of colors with 94% NTSC color space and 100% sRGB color. What’s more? This display comes features an anti-glare finish that helps protect the eye from reflections from the screen.
Also, this laptop offers the best graphic interface with the presence of a NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 graphics card. For smooth performance, the laptop comes with 16GB of RAM storage coupled with 256GB flash SSD storage for fast load time and speed. The presence of a massive 1TB of HDD storage helps users to keep a lot of gaming data and many other multimedia.
On the last note, the MSI GV638SE-014 laptop that can only last up to 4 hours on a single charge. It comes with an average weight of 4.8 pounds that is quite portable to carry about.
– Comfortable to use keyboard.
– Massive amount of storage space.
– Excellent display with a good color blend.
– Fast performance.
– Low battery capacity for gaming.
5. Huawei Mate Book X Pro
Specifications- (CPU: Intel Core-i7 processor | GPU: Nvidia GeForce MX150 graphics card | Storage: 512GB SSD | Display: 13.9-inch (3000 x 2000 pixels) | RAM: 16GB DDR4 |Battery life: 12 hours)
If you need a laptop with top-notch features all embedded in a lightweight and ultra-thin laptop, the Huawei Mate Book X Pro is the best option for you. This laptop is suitable for playing Minecraft with proper graphical settings and fast performance. It comes powered with a quad-core Intel Core-i7 processor that guarantees smooth performance.
Besides, the Huawei Mate Book X Pro comes with a 13.9-inch screen display that has a native resolution of 3000 x 2000 pixels for a fantastic view. The presence of a NVIDIA GeForce MX150 GPU coupled with the processor ensures a brilliant gaming experience. When it comes to its internal memory, this ultra-thin laptop features a 512GB SSD, which provides enough capacity to store gaming data and also ensure quick loading time for any software.
The presence of 16GB of RAM storage ensures effective multitasking abilities without experiencing any form of lagging while in operation. The laptop also features a super responsive touchpad and comfortable keyboard (although it doesn’t prove enough palm rest). One of the amazing things I like about this laptop is its massive battery capacity lasting up to 12 hours of gameplay.
– Thin and lightweight design.
– Massive RAM space for multitasking.
– Top-notch battery life.
– Intuitive 3K display.
– Expensive to buy.
What to consider in buying the best laptops for Minecraft?
1. RAM capacity: Minecraft was built out of java programming language; hence requires a lot of RAM power to run effectively. The Minecraft may not look demanding for its overall aesthetic, but believe me, you should consider getting a laptop with enough RAM power if you are a die-hard fan of this game.On average, I did recommend you to get a gaming laptop with at least 4GB of RAM to enjoy a brilliant Minecraft gaming experience. However, the laptops reviewed in this article come in variants of 8GB and 16GB RAM capacity, which provides the ability to playtop-end gaming titles. Such ample RAM space allows you to be productive with other creative tasks.
2. CPU power: The processor of a laptop determines how largely software applications can perform effectively. You can be sure of the effectiveness of a laptop that has a high processor speed to run most of your gaming applications. And the same can be said for the Minecraft gaming software. From what I have seen, I did recommend you get a laptop that comes powered with at least an Intel Core i5 processor (with a high clock speed above 3.2GHz) for the smooth running of Minecraft software.
3. Graphics card type: Your choice of GPU or graphics card also matters if you are such a gaming nerd. The graphics card also contributes to the graphical interface of whatever gaming software you are running or movies being watched on your laptop. For playing Minecraft, I did suggest your laptop have a minimum of an Intel HD Graphics 4000 (if integrated) or Nvidia GeForce 400 series for a discrete GPU. However, for the overall, I did recommend you get a laptop that uses a Nvidia RTX 2070 graphics card like Asus ROG Strix Scar III for playing Minecraft along with many other action-packed games.
4. Internal Memory: The laptop’s hard drive for most gaming laptops should be a dual-type, which includes an SSD memory drive. Otherwise, the whole drive should be a flash SSD type. Apart from storing gaming data and files, an SSD hard disk contributes to the efficient performance of your laptop and makes Minecraft game load faster.
5. Battery capacity: The battery capacity determines, to a large extent, the amount of screen time you can get in playing Minecraft. If you are exclusively after more extended battery life, don’t go for a laptop with the top-end graphics card as it adversely demands a lot on battery power. In this review, the Huawei Mate Book X Pro fits this specification as a laptop with a long-lasting battery life of 12 hours. For a brilliant Minecraft, experience, do opt for a laptop that has at least 6-hours of battery capacity.
6. Display: If you are a typical Minecraft gamer who enjoys a good graphic display, then you do need to make a wise choice of a laptop with a good screen type coupled with other interactive features. Having a good view entails you getting a somehow large screen display around 15-inches size. Also, the screen resolution must be full HD (something like 1920 x 1080 pixels) and have the right tone of brightness along with a brilliant color scheme. In playing Minecraft for long hours of screen time, a laptop with an anti-glare finish to help shield off reflections from a laptop will also be a good advantage.
7. Operating System: The Minecraft software only comes with support for OS like Windows, macOS, and Linux.There is no Minecraft support for an operating system like Chrome OS yet. Therefore in choosing the best laptop for Minecraft, you do need to consider the version of the operating system. I did recommend you go for Windows 10 or laptop with mac OS 10.12 sierra.
Duly note that all laptops reviewed in this article use the latest Windows 10 operating system.
In this article, I have drafted the best variants of laptops that are suitable for playing Minecraft. Many of these laptops are some of the well-known gaming laptops one can ever get. They come with the best specs that support the Minecraft game. As a bonus, I have included a buying guide to help educate and influence you in purchasing a suitable laptop for playing Minecraft. I do hope you make the best decision to choose a laptop today.